Buy handmade

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Getting ready to enter 2nd grade. Sigh

I can't believe how time flies by. I mean that. It seems when 'we' have children, the faster time seems to zip on by us. I'm writing today because I have a lot on my mind. This is a busy week for us. Our 1st born E is going off to 2nd grade tomorrow. I think I'm taking it much harder than she is. I have butterflies in my stomach and I'm feeling sad.

Backing up, Monday, was her 8-10am day. Before it even began, I rolled over in the bed, my hand came up to my face just as I barely  opened my eyes to see the time, and I scratched my eye with my finger.Ouch! That hurts. Well, it was more like a 'meet and greet" her new teacher and fill out paper work. So we were there for about an hour. It was stressful just getting there! We have a lot of construction going on around our back roads and I decided instead of bypassing it since it was early, I would go right through it per say( why oh why would I pick this day to do so is beyond me). The road literally dropped off where they  cut into to make a new road. I missed my turn..heading towards the workers thinking "I have no place being here, I have no way out." Turning around, I found the road I was suppose to take- duh! I thought I landed in the twilight zone. It was dusty, dirty and just looked nothing like the road I had driven on for many years.

Getting to school to park...well, they were all taken. I'm already nervous about meeting E's  teacher, making sure we are on time, making sure E is feeling comfortable. After driving around I finally had to park next to the curb. We made it...barely.Talk about 1st impressions. whew! So, my husband, E and our baby daughter, K all walked upstairs to her 2nd grade class. It was H.O.T ....someone forgot to turn the air on. I felt so bad for the people that had to stay all day up there. But we met E sweet teacher, filled out our paperwork and off we went. Our day was just beginning.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love to shop. I love to browse, look, take my time. But this shopping trip was to get E some new clothes for school. So, off to pick up Mamaw and the 4 of us girls were on our way by 930am. I really had a game plan, an agenda. I wanted to be home before 6pm. We get to the mall within 1hr 20mins, eat a quick breakfast. Bathroom break and off we go to shop. I'm already tired:( E does not like to shop at all. She decided she didn't feel good.(which she doesn't. Allergies.)She hardly would try on shoes, Her sister didnt want in the stroller, every time I turned around we were in the bathroom.Or the kids were screaming they were hungry. And my eye was hurting- i was trying to focus- talk about a terrible day. I was just grumpy.

Luckily, before I pulled my hair our, we ended up not breaking the bank and a few outfits to get us through the rest of the hot months. We got home by 730pm. It ended up being a much longer night than I wanted it to be.

E has been begging us to be a "lunch boxer" for sometime now. I have finally caved in and we are gong to give it a try. I hope I can keep it up. She is so picky.If anyone reading this has good luck with packing your child's lunch, please share.I worry that her food will spoil or her sandwich will be soggy. I bought these nice containers from Pottery Barn Kids- I love the girly colors and the fact that we are helping save the planet.

Wish us luck as we begin...2nd grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment