Buy handmade

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

1st Snow 2011...its not officially winter yet!







Hey ! I'm finally the one putting the fingers to the keyboard. Please excuse me, I can be wordy.Sorry. If you think I'm boring, please, feel free to move on to a better blog. This is my 1st blog. I promise, I plan on being a better blogger as time goes on. What I do know is I'm very good at blog stalking!? (I think that's what they call someone looking at a persons blog all the time.?)That sounds terrible. I will rest assure you not the creepy kind. I'm just soakin up all the info I can. Doesn't it count as brain "exercise's to keep us young and smart?Smile. I love to see other women's blogs that are so crafty. There are soooo many talented women out there- Girls rock! I don't know if I'll ever be as good as them, but I'll be as good as I can be.

I thought I had a good reason to blog tonight. I received my Christmas present early. Yes, its a present to myself.
I like it so much I can already tell you, it was worth the money I spent on it:) I know, I know, I should wait until Christmas morning to open it.
Really,if you received this gift, there would be no waiting. After all, I need it for Christmas! And I have to "put it to good use" ( or as I should say, Practice) before the BIG DAY! It so far has been so fun to use.Have you figured it out yet? Here is a snazzy photo of the box it came in. Heart.
I'm in love.Smile. I heart Santa! Look how it just jumps out of this photo? Love the Bohek effect. When I saw my package on my front porch step early today, I was like a kid on Christmas morning, gleaming from ear to ear. You can't take the kid out of me! I don't know why I waited 4yrs (or longer) to buy a lens:( I guess I felt there was always something else to buy( for the girls). I can tell you, for the money(and this is one of the least expensive lens.It was well worth it. I'm kicking myself I didn't buy it sooner. Darn it! If your wondering if you should invest? I say YES- do it now! Amazon had this baby to me in less than 2 days. Go Amazon.You rock.

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....

Mother nature decided to bring us a little snow today.Its not officially winter yet:( I like the snow and all, but NOT when I have to drive in it. The kids got out 2hrs early today so I bundled Katherine up and grabbed my camera(duh.) I'll take a photo opportunity when I can get it:)

My girls are not the best when it comes to being a model for their mommy. For some unknown reason, they forget how to smile, sit Indian style(really, now come on girls your going to give me gray hairs.) sit up straight, cry, whine..the list goes on. BUT tell my 3yr old she can "play" in the snow and I get a great photo with my snazzy new lens. Did I mention I LOVE this little girl? She says I'm the best cooker. She told me I was the best mommy too. And that was before our little treat today.
She melts my heart.
This photo was NOT retouched and
I even got the snow coming down in slow motion. I'm no pro but I get so happy when I take a photo worth sharing.
My 6yr old was so excited to get out of school early today.
I mean so excited!
I thought on a wet, snowy day, It deserved a detour to a special new brick and mortar
store in town. Can you say, Mommy award?

We haven't had a chance to go and now that have, I know why. They are a bit pricey- but if you ask the girls, they will tell you it was worth it.

Why is it when we are in the drive thru and I have barely put on decent clothes not to mention any makeup only to get Elizabeth from school that she feels the urge to go potty? Really, honey- dont stress your mommy out. Luckily she was able to wait until we got home. Whew!
So we all had lunch and I had to snap a few shots
of our treats. Over acheiver! I'm addicted to
taking photos( not donuts well, i guess i could get addicted to donuts?!) and the girls were getting tired of me begging for them the model. Next BEST thing to photograph, YOU GUESSED IT-DONUTS! .Smile. Look at these.YUMMY!

We bought 4 glazed with chocolate on top and the girls each wanted a blueberry glazed donut. Anytime my girls want a fruit, bonus points for this mommy. I've done something right:)We have always been told they are good for us. Right? Laughing out loud.

I'm quite proud so far of how my photos have turned out. My "kit" lens would never, ever take photos this clear!!!And never in the house of all places.

I have found a blog I want to share with you( kevinandamanda.com) because even if you are not into photography, she has the cutest darn photo's of her Boston Terriers I have ever seen! I'm not sure where she is located but I would love to babysit her dogs sometime:) I bet they would love to be my models. Laugh. She also has many other things worth reading. Did I mention we are trying to convince daddy that getting a Boston would be fun? Look at these little faces, how can he deprive them like this?
As I close, Im showing a few other pictures that I took of our girls. I think they turned out cute, not perfect- now, I didn't say they were going to be on a cover of a magazine. I'm really a big fan of spontaneous snapshots, but today, I had to get them to pose a little. Let me tell you it was blood, sweat and tears for this mommy.


ANYTIME I can get my girls to hug is a picture worth taking.Smile. I love my 6yr old's smile. I have been wondering why she has been singing, "All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth....."

I love the look of my Christmas tree in the background. Too bad we can't keep it up all year for photo backdrops. Do you think people might think we are a bit strange if we did? Frown. It sure is pretty.

This last photo, if you look closely, is my 3yr old model hiding behind our Christmas tree. Even though its cute, I think that's her polite way to say," enough photos mommy".
I hope you all have enjoyed my 1st of many blogs. If you made it thus far, thank you for taking time to do so. May all your dreams and wishes come true this Christmas season.
Merry Christmas from us!

No comments:

Post a Comment